The 2013 Tuesday Growers Market starts May 28, and will run through October 8.
We are currently inviting applications to sell locally produced goods. Season costs are $75 for a full stall (parking space) and $40 for a half stall. Walk-on fees will be $5 for a full stall and $3 for a half stall. Located in the Co-op parking lot, the market runs Tuesdays from 4:00-6:30 p.m. with setup beginning at 3:30 p.m. Contact Britt Heisel, Tuesday Growers Market Coordinator, for applications or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tuesday Growers Market is a food-oriented weekly market focusing on local and sustainable growing practices. Vendors must be within 50 miles of Moscow. Any products sold at the market must have been produced/grown by the grower. Any value-added food products sold by the grower must include at least one ingredient grown by the grower. The Co-op is not accepting applications for craft items.
Please click here for a Tuesday Growers Market vendor application!
For the last decade, the Moscow Food Co-op has sponsored the Tuesday Growers Market. Affinity Farm of Moscow approached the former General Manager with the idea of a mid-week market- and the rest is history! The market has remained true to its roots- a food oriented market made up exclusively of local farmers using sustainable and organic farming practices. It is the perfect way to connect directly to farming right here on the Palouse.
Shop the Market: The Tuesday Growers Market participates in Shop the Market- a program which expands local consumer choices for low-income families across the Palouse by allowing them to use their federal food assistance (SNAP) benefits at our Moscow farmers markets.
Here’s how it works:
- Families go to the Backyard Harvest booth to swipe their SNAP card and receive wooden tokens for the amount that is debited from their account.
- Tokens are in two denominations, green $1 and purple $5.
- Tokens do not expire and may be used at either the Tuesday Growers Market or the Saturday Market.
- Tokens may only be used to purchase items approved by the SNAP program. These include: fruits, vegetables, eggs, bread, meat honey, cheese, herbs, plant starts, seeds for food production and bulk hot/cold food items to be consumed at home.
- Tokens may NOT be used to purchase the following: crafts, individual hot/cold food items and non-edible plant seeds and starts.
- On the first Tuesday of the month, the Moscow Food Co-op will match up to $5 in SNAP tokens to be used at the Tuesday Growers Market.
For information on the vendors at the Tuesday Growers Market please visit our We Love Local page.