Some of our Participating Owners write monthly column articles as their volunteer contribution. These submissions come from pre-approved Participating Owners and are thanked with a store discount. For more information on volunteering with the Co-op, please visit our Participating Owner Program page.
Key Points: Please submit your article topic by the 7th of the month prior to publication. Your submission should be between 400 and 500 words, and should be sent to email@example.com no later than the 15th of the month prior to publication.
Please submit your articles using the following guidelines:
- Please submit your column topic to the managing editor by the 7th of each month.
- Please submit final articles by the 15th of the month, for publication in the next month’s issue.
- Artwork and photos are due by noon on the 20th of each month. Early submissions are encouraged and very much appreciated.
- Pre-approved articles must be 400-500 words. Articles may be shortened by the editor to fit available space.
- Please give your article a title and a byline with your name, using “Co-op Volunteer Writer” as your title.
- All submissions must be sent by email. Please attach the article as a .doc- not a .docx- and also paste the article into the body of the email. Send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Co-op newsletter article” as well as the month of publication in the subject line. Send graphics and photos separately to email@example.com.
- Remember, Co-op is hyphenated (without that hyphen it’s a place where chickens roost).
- Articles about cooking, nutrition, and recipes must include only ingredients sold at the Moscow Food Co-op.
- If you are using a recipe in your column, please do not use recipes that are copyright-protected. Recipes taken directly from books or magazine articles generally are copyrighted and must be avoided. Co-op newsletter writers can use recipes that the writers themselves have altered and renamed.